Where: Tawa, Kenya – a small village 3 hours SE of Nairobi. We will be serving at Kakuswi Special School for the Deaf near Tawa and working on a construction project there.
When: June 2024
Who: Anyone with a heart to serve! Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Number of participants: Minimum of 10, Maximum of 18
Cost: yet to be determined
What does your trip fee include?
- All bus transportation while in Kenya
- All meals while in Kenya
- Housing, including one night in a Nairobi hotel
- International medical insurance coverage
- Construction donation for supplies and construction foremen
- Wages for local people who will provide services for us while in Tawa, for example: a chef who will cook safe food for us, ladies who will wash our clothes, young men who provide water for bathing and watch over our night time safety. The wages are a huge blessing for these local workers!
- Attend a local church service
- Lead VBS at a local school
- The privilege to Serve, Work, and Play at Kakuswi Special School for the Deaf
- Visit local families in their home
- Experience local craftsmen at a Kenyan market and woodcarver shop
- An overnight stay and game drive at a safari camp – location yet to be determined
- A chance to immerse yourself in local Kenya culture and get to know the country and its people.
- After covering all above costs, any extra money remaining will be used to bless the school and/or community.
*Listed above are the activities we have planned, but we ask you to understand that things may happen that change those plans! Some things are out of our control and we will need to follow any Covid19 precautions that come up, so it is important that we all be flexible and trust that we will see and do the things God wants us to!
Your trip fee does NOT include:
- Passport/Visa costs
- Spending money
- Vaccines AS OF NOW, A COVID19 VACCINE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS TRIP, BUT THAT MAY CHANGE AS THE TRIP GETS CLOSER. Consult your travel doctor for needed vaccines.
3 comments on “TRIP INFORMATION”
CarolMay 10, 2021 at 10:58 am
Due to the Covid19 our trip has been postponed several times! We are trusting God to work it out in His perfect timing! Our current dates for the trip are:
June 9 – June 21 (In Kenya June 10-20). Hope you will join us!
Chuck TrederFebruary 20, 2022 at 3:22 pm
Good afternoon. My wife reminded me of this trip (she had seen something from the EagleBrook facebook site a couple of weeks ago). I’ve had the opportunity to go to Kenya several times in the past via First Baptist Church/Autumn Ridge in Rochester, MN to work with an organization in Kenya (Kenya Hope). How many people are going on your trip and how many slots are you trying to fill? This is pretty short notice for me (and you as well!), but I thought I’d check. Its been 10+ years since I’ve been over there, but the type of trip is very similar to the ones I’ve done in the past (mixture of construction, VBS, etc). Also, do you go over once a year (assuming no issues with COVID and no political issues in Kenya)?
CarolFebruary 20, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Chuck, I sent you an email! 😊