Where: Tawa, Kenya – a small village 3 hours SE of Nairobi. We will be serving at Kakuswi Special School for the Deaf near Tawa and working on a construction project there.
When: Depart US on 5/7/20 and return to US on 5/19/20
Who: Anyone with a heart to serve! Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Number of participants: Minimum of 10, Maximum of 18
Cost: $2275 per person based on 10 people (would be less with more people). This does not include airfare to Kenya. To view the application and fee schedule, follow this link: https://loveabides.org/application-and-fee-schedule/
What does your trip fee include?
- All bus transportation while in Kenya
- All meals while in Kenya
- Housing, including one night in a Nairobi hotel
- International medical insurance coverage
- Construction donation for supplies and construction foremen
- Wages for local people who will provide services for us while in Tawa, for example: a chef who will cook safe food for us, ladies who will wash our clothes, young men who provide water for bathing and watch over our night time safety. The wages are a huge blessing for these local workers!
- Attend a local church service
- Lead VBS at a local school
- The privilege to Serve, Work, and Play at Kakuswi Special School for the Deaf
- Visit local families in their home
- Experience local craftsmen at a Kenyan market and woodcarver shop
- An overnight stay and game drive at a safari camp near the Tanzanian border
- A chance to immerse yourself in local Kenya culture and get to know the country and its people.
*Listed above are some of the activities we have planned, but we ask you to understand that things may happen that change those plans! Some things are out of our control, so it is important that we all be flexible and trust that we will see and do the things God wants us to!
Your trip fee does NOT include:
- Passport/Visa costs
- Spending money